Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, June 20, 2008

Harvest time!




It's wheat harvest time in Kansas! Being from East Texas, when I moved to Kansas (almost 6 years ago)I had never seen wheat in the field or harvest. I am still intrigued by wheat harvest. There is so much that can be learned from the wheat harvest. There's nothing quite as beautiful as a field of green wheat blowing in the field, then when it ripens and turns golden it is even more beautiful.

3 comments:

Renita said...

Wow, what neat pictures. Did you take those? If so, they look frameable!! That is reallly beautiful.

Gloria said...

Those are beautiful pictures and remind me of Hymn 404. Was just thinking that the life of Papa and Grandma are like "waving sheaves of gold."

Unknown said...

That's so cool! I've always wanted to see the whole process of how wheat is harvested.. and eventually made into bread. It'd be cool!