We had fresh green beans last night for dinner -- YUMMEE! There's nothing quite like fresh vegetables! I have to admit while de-stringing the beans, I had "flashbacks" from childhood when we would de-string bushels and bushels from our garden....it seemed like alot back then, but I'm sure it wasn't ... I haven't had to go to therapy over it! ;-)
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Eat Your Green Vegetables!
We had fresh green beans last night for dinner -- YUMMEE! There's nothing quite like fresh vegetables! I have to admit while de-stringing the beans, I had "flashbacks" from childhood when we would de-string bushels and bushels from our garden....it seemed like alot back then, but I'm sure it wasn't ... I haven't had to go to therapy over it! ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So glad that you grew up to be a very nice normal girl with no hang up's over bushel's of string bean's in your childhood.
OOh, those look so good! You're lucky to have a garden! I've got to go to HEB to get any fresh ones!:)
This was the first year green beans did anything for me in my garden. I got them picked, but I didn't get them cooked in time. We were travelling and they spoiled before I got a chance to use them. Yours look good, though. Next year. *sigh*
Those green beans make me hungry!! So glad you didn't suffer for all the green beans you had to string!! (: Do you remember the time you got your finger hung in the pea sheller?? Just before conv. at that!! Love, Mom
Post a Comment